Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve managed to finish three more of the embroideries that I prepared before we left Florida.
The “Home is Where I Want to Bee” pattern was part of an Aunt Martha’s transfer set I bought a few years ago from Hancock Fabrics when we were living in Rome, GA. This is the first time I’ve actually used an iron on transfer and I have to admit that while I was embroidering it, I was a little concerned that the transfer lines would not wash out as they were really visible behind the lighter floss colours.
I did have to allow the piece to soak in mild soapy water for quite a while before they came out. And I also ended up having to change the water and add a Colour Catcher to the new water because the golden yellow floss I used for the hives bled and the piece turned yellow. Thankfully, the addition of the Colour Catchers pulled the yellow dye out of the fabric and after rinsing in cold water, the fabric was white again. Next trip to the US, I’ll be stocking up on more Colour Catchers.
I haven’t decided what this will be turned into but I think it turned out super cute.
Then next is this Christmas Redwork embroidery.
Here’s a close-up of the stitching:
This was available as a free pattern from Joy Patch a few years back. She still has the ones for the 24th and 26th for free download but this one for the 25th doesn’t seem to be available any longer.
The pattern came with instructions for turning it into a table mat and I’m hoping to get the other two embroidered to make a set as a Christmas gift. But I’ll have to see if I can find some more of that variegated red floss as I’m almost out.
And thirdly, the embroidery part for this Sweet and Spotty Needle Wallet from Cinderberry Stitches is finished too.
By the time, I’d finished stitching the Plum Pudding with Mouse above, I’d had enough redwork for a bit, so instead of using red as she did in hers, I chose to use green for the leaves hoping that it would look like you were looking through leaves into a tiny clearing with the bird, flowers and ladybug.
A close up of what will be the front of the needle wallet:
And this oh so cute ladybug will be cut out and appliqued onto the lining of the needle wallet:
I think after finishing this, I may have overcome my dread of doing satin stitch. It and the lazy daisy stitch have always been my least favourite of all the different embroidery stitches. And while my satin stitching isn’t perfect by any means, I am getting better at it.
I’m half way through working on the last embroidery that I made ahead and I hope to have that finished to share with you sometime next week.
Wishing you all a heart-centered weekend with much Aloha.