Now that we’ve stopped traveling for a while, I’ve had a chance to go through some of my photo files and I realized that I had forgotten to post about some of the finished projects that I listed on the“2011- The Year of Getting Things Done” page.
First up, is the redwork tabletopper that I made for my parents’ 50th Wedding Anniversary.
I started working on it in January of 2011 and finished towards the end of October.
The kit that I used is actually a wall quilt but in thinking about my parent’s home, I couldn’t think of a wall where they would be able to display it, so I turned it into a table topper instead.
Kit details: Wall Sampler Quilt by Jack Dempsey Needle Art
The quilting that is more visible on the back was done in simple straight line stitches with white thread used on top and gold thread used in the bobbin to match the gold of the dots on the red backing fabric.
Another finish for 2011 was the Christmas ornaments that I make for our children each year. I purchased the kit a couple of years ago from Bird Brain Designs.
The kit had 6 different primitive angel patterns but by careful placement I was able to trace and embroider 9 angels on the muslin provided. I did, however, need to use some fabric and batting from my stash to complete the extra three angels.
I saved out these four angels for ourselves. Our children received one angel each and I kept one for our own tree.
The rest of the angels were given away as gifts.