As this is the 25th Stitchery Link Party, I’ve decided to celebrate with a giveaway. (Scroll down for the details and rules for how to enter.)
First though, it’s time to share this week’s vintage Workbasket embroidery pattern. We are transitioning into fall here in the Northern hemisphere but depending on the colors used to stitch the trees, this pattern could quite easily be a late spring or summer scene as well.
This is a two part pattern. Each part needs to be printed out and then taped together matching up the small + signs.
I can hardly believe that it’s been 25 weeks since I started the Stitchery Link Party. It’s been such fun to watch the party grow. I’ve met so many wonderful, interesting bloggers that continue to inspire me to learn new stitches and try different styles and techniques.
In celebration, anyone who links up to this week’s party will be entered into the giveaway for this handmade (by me) Pyramid Pouch filled with embroidery goodies.
The rules for linking up are the same this week as every week. If you’re new to the party please read through the rules before joining in.
I will ship internationally. This week’s party runs from 7 am EDT Monday morning September 28 to midnight EDT October 4th, 2015. All links entered during that time will be entered into the drawing for the giveaway.
I’d like to take a moment to encourage all my readers to join the fun this week, even if you don’t do any form of embroidery. Perhaps you have some vintage embroidered linens or a tapestry that a family member stitched and gifted you with. Maybe you have a collection of cross-stitch Christmas ornaments that you could write a post about. As long as whichever post you are linking up contains hand embroidery in some form, I’d love to have you share it.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial called How to Link Up to a Link Party to help you not only link up to this party but to any link party you might like to participate in.
The rules for linking up are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog. (Please note: For those of you who have already been kind enough to add the button, the coding has been updated and I would so appreciate it if you would grab the new code.)
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. I would, of course, love it if you decide to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party. (If you do decide to follow me, you can subscribe to e-mail updates in the box on the upper right hand side bar. You will then be sent an activation e-mail. Once you click on the link in that e-mail, you will begin receiving updates each time I post. Buttons to follow me on other social media are in the upper left hand side bar.)