Now that one of the larger secret Christmas projects is finished, I’ve decided to pull out an old WIP. I made this baby quilt top a little over three years ago.
I actually made two of these; one with teddies on a yellow background and this one on the green because I wasn’t sure which I wanted to send to Dave’s granddaughter when she was born. I ended up sending the yellow (on her second birthday). That one was so easy to quilt once I got a walking foot for my machine. If only I’d gotten the walking foot sooner, she’d have had her quilt sooner. Thank goodness I made them large enough that they’ll work on a toddler bed too.
This one has been in the drawer waiting to be finished.
Yesterday, I pulled it out and then started cutting the pieces for the backing and sewing them together.
Now I just need to cut the batting to size. I’m using flannel drapery lining for the batting so that the quilt isn’t too heavy.
Once I get that done, I can start basting. I’m going to use this quilt to practice Sharon Schamber’s hand basting method. I pinned the yellow one when I quilted it, but found that I didn’t like having all those pins everywhere. I’m hoping I like this method better. Sharon has a couple of videos demonstrating how she hand bastes.
This post has been added to the WIP Wednesday link party over at Freshly Pieced.