I’ve been going through my UFOs/WIPs trying to decide which to put on the list of my 2015 Finish Along Q2 Goals and I’ve decided to throw caution to the wind and add them all!
As it states in the Finish Along rules: “You won’t be punished if you don’t finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.”
But there are a few left to finish plus I discovered two more unfinished embroideries while going through my craft binders:
I couldn’t figure out what to turn the larger embroideries into so they are being rolled over too.
My Christmas Mouse wall hanging was pictured with the small embroideries in Q1 but since it’s still a WIP, it goes on the list again as well.
For the rest of the list, I’m thinking that I’ll be doing some marathon sessions of sandwiching and hand-basting so they can be quilted and bound before the end of June.
This Sampler Table Runner is my ALYofF April Goal.
It will be backed with a piece of a thrifted sheet since no one sees the back when it’s on the table anyway. As I mentioned in my ALYofF post, I’ll be using it to practice free motion quilting some more leaves.
Once I feel confident quilting leaves, I want to finish my One Big Cabin quilt.
The leaves will be in those large beige/cream blocks. I may quilt the multi-colored blocks with leaves or they may just end up stitched-in-the-ditch. And now that I’ve seen how hand-quilting with #8 perle cotton around the Christmas Mouse makes it pop out so much, I plan to hand-quilt around the squirrel, owl and racoon.
I’d really like to finish my Holiday Celebrations quilt that I made for the Tree Bird Blog Hop.
Back in September 2011, I named it my Smiling Sunflower quilt. I added the border in March of this year.
In the photo above, the border may look like it’s solid black but it has little sprinkles of candy that match the colors in the quilt top. Here’s a closer look:
And then finally, the Disappearing Nine Patch quilt top that I completed in the spring of 2011.
This is a difficult quilt to photograph because of how busy the fabrics are. That busy-ness was the reason I added the narrow black sashing between each of the disappearing nine patch blocks.
The above photo and the one below gives you a better idea of how pretty these fabrics are in real life.
If I get this top turned into a completed quilt, in addition to all the others listed here, I will have gotten to a point where I only have current WIPs.