In Wednesday’s post about my 2015 Finish Along Q1 goals, I mentioned that I had cut this stocking out just before Christmas but ran out of time and energy to get it finished.
I’m pleased to say it has now been moved from the to-be-finished list to the finished list.
All the fabrics used along with the fusible fleece (<-affiliate link) were from my stash. The Snowmen Musical Band print by Kimberly Montogomery for MBT I bought about 4 years ago in the January post-Christmas sales. I have a little over ½ yard left of it to turn into either another stocking or perhaps a gift bag.
This one will now go in the box with the stockings that live at our house so that if someone forgets to bring their stocking with them when they come for Christmas; we’ll have one that they can use.
In other Finish Along news, I had hoped to be done quilting the borders of my flying zebra quilt by now but instead I’ve spent the last two days unpicking several lines of quilting along the rainbow bands in the flying zebra print sections of the quilt. For some reason on the back, it looked like a mischievous little mouse had gone along and snipped a stitch here and there… that’s the only way I know how to describe it. The bobbin thread didn’t break when I was quilting. In fact, I only noticed the broken stitches afterwards when I was burying threads so they’d be out of the way when I started quilting the borders.
Today I’ll requilt those two sections, bury the threads and be ready to start the borders tomorrow… at least that’s the plan!
And when I need a break from quilting, I’m going to be working on the final testing of the pattern for my Mini Mittens, Hat and Scarf set so that I can get it up for sale on Ravelry.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please check my Disclosures and Disclaimers page. It doesn’t cost you any extra, but it does help support this site.