I am pleased to say that this month’s FNSI was a success. I set out to finish embroidering the flowers on the blue bird panel and I succeeded in doing just that.
The embroidery/quilting on both bird panels is now complete and it’s on to adding the beading.
To make FNSI even more successful, I managed to get the second kit of hexies hand basted ready to stitch together into a hexie flower.
The hand basting of the hexies went much faster on this set than the first one and they are relaxing to sit and do in the evening. Once again though, the flower would have been prettier if the second round of hexies had been fussy cut.
I think I might turn these two hexies into hot pads/trivets and then reuse the papers to try out different fabrics combinations. I may also stop by Sew Sisters and pick up some of their 30s reproduction kits and see if I like those better.
For now, I’m off to check out what the other FNSI participants managed to accomplish last night.
Have a great weekend everyone!