Posted by Super Mom No Cape on May 25th, 2015
It’s no secret to those who read my blog that I love ladybugs. I enjoy seeing them in my yard and gardens because I know these beneficial insects are hard at work eating aphids and other not so beneficial insects. In fact, I’ve declared it a sin to kill a ladybug! 😉
When Dave was tracing out this week’s pattern, he called it Ladybugs and Lavender because he liked the way it sounded.As we get further into spring here in southwestern Ontario, the lavender will start blooming. Unfortunately, while the flowers are such a lovely color, I’m allergic to the scent. So no lavender scented sachets for me.
This pattern is available to download as a pdf here.
Announcing Our 1st Stitchery Link Party Giveaway
I’ve mentioned a couple of times that I have some giveaways in the planning stages for those who link up each week.
Well it’s time for our first small giveaway. I found this sweet little cross stitch kit at a local shop. It’s an older one so I got it for a really good price. I did check to make sure that everything that was supposed to be included in the kit was indeed included.
Here’s how the giveaway is going to work this time round:
- Everyone who links up each week between today and June 14th will be included in the giveaway. I will announce the winner on June 15th.
- Because I’m just so thankful for everyone who already has been linking up, I’m going to put each of those into this drawing as well. While I may be providing the meeting place… it is all of you who join in each week and have been helping to get the word out, in addition to showcasing so many great projects, that is allowing the Stitchery Link Party to grow.
- If you link up once, your name will be entered once. If you link up twice, you’ll be entered for a second chance and so on.
- I will mail internationally.
For those joining us for the first time… Welcome! And for those who are returning for another week… Welcome Back!
The rules are simple:
1. The project can be anything you’ve made as long as it includes embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. I would, of course, love it if you decide to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party. (If you do decide to follow me, you can subscribe to e-mail updates in the box on the upper right hand side bar. Buttons to follow me on other social media are in the upper left hand side bar.)
Oh and don’t worry if you’ve never linked up to a link party before, I’ve written a quick tutorial called How to Link Up to a Link Party to help you not only link up to this party but to any link party you might like to participate in.
Tags: embroidery pattern for lavender, free embroidery patterns, free stitchery patterns, free vintage patterns, ladybug embroidery pattern, Stitchery Link Party #7, vintage workbasket embroidery pattern
Posted in Embroidery | 4 Comments »