I know it seems we’re barely over Christmas and New Years but Valentine’s Day is less than a month away and for those of us who like to give small handmade gifts to those we love, we’ll need to get started soon if we haven’t already.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing some pretty vintage Workbasket Valentine’s patterns for you to stitch. According to the Workbasket pattern page this Be My Valentine design was intended to be embroidered and then turned into a pillow. (I’ll share the design for the back of the pillow next week.)
Be My Valentine Workbasket Embroidery pdf.
Welcome to Stitchery Link Party #41
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial called How to Link Up to a Link Party to help you not only link up to this party but to any link party you might like to participate in.
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog. (Please note: For those of you who have already been kind enough to add the button, the coding has been updated and I would so appreciate it if you would grab the new code.)
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party. (If you choose to you can subscribe to e-mail updates in the box on the upper right hand side bar. You will then be sent an activation e-mail. Once you click on the link in that e-mail, you will begin receiving updates each time I post. Buttons to follow me on other social media are in the upper left hand side bar.
GuidaJanuary 23, 2016 9:48 pm
Thank you for the lovely pattern, I don’t have a blog, just email, I will however be looking at all the lovely works by all your party friends.
FlashinscissorsJanuary 19, 2016 1:00 pm
Love the pattern! Thank you for hosting your lovely stitchery link party! It’s always great to see what everyone else is stitching!
LauraJanuary 19, 2016 10:52 am
For some reason, I can’t get your new button to work on my blog. I’m going to keep trying, but I did get another button to work today, so it might be the coding?
Super Mom No CapeJanuary 21, 2016 12:09 am
I do apologize for that. I’ve been having problems with different items disappearing from my sidebars at different times lately and we can’t figure out why. My son just had a chance to check the coding and yes… something had been changed in it. But it should be fixed now.
Thanks so much for letting me know… otherwise who knows how long it might have gone unnoticed by me.
naehmeiseJanuary 19, 2016 7:47 am
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful Valentine pdf.
love your link party ! Wish you a happy week !
SusanJanuary 19, 2016 1:38 am
That’s a great stitchery! Thanks for sharing that. I love the heart edges. I really didn’t have time to stitch anything last week. Hope for better this week!
CathieJJanuary 18, 2016 6:30 pm
What a pretty Valentine pillow pattern.
Celtic Thistle StitchesJanuary 18, 2016 1:29 pm
It seems like we have just drawn breath from Christmas and the next special occasion is on us already 🙂
MaryJanuary 18, 2016 9:56 am
This one is so pretty, Sue. Thanks so much. Is it possible that Valentine’s Day is approaching so quickly?
Christine B.January 18, 2016 8:27 am
What a pretty embroidery pattern! Thank you Susan! Have a lovely week! Christine x
CarolJanuary 18, 2016 7:29 am
Thank you!! I love this heart, but I think a message stitched in the center could make it modern too! This is definitely a keeper.
Comments are closed.