While we were in Florida last winter, a new friend I’d met there was going through a tough time and finally ended up in the hospital diagnosed with kidney stones. I made her this little embroidered sachet to let her know that we were thinking about her. I have allergies so wasn’t able to add lavender or other scent but when I gave it to her, I mentioned she could add a couple of drops of her favourite essential oil/scent to it.
It wasn’t until I gave it to her that she told me that she collects antique linens. I was so pleased that I could add something new made from a vintage pattern to her collection.
This little sachet could also be used as a pincushion.
For the edging, I blanket stitched evenly around the outside of the sachet after it had been sewn together. Then I did one row of single crochet into each stitch, followed by a row of ch 3, skip one sc, sc in next sc, repeated all the way around.
The back is embroidered too.
The pattern for the butterfly is on this week’s pattern sheet but the pattern for the back is from a pattern sheet I’ll be posting next week. I’ll link back to this post when that pattern goes live.
This pattern is available for download as a pdf here.