Happy Monday Everyone!
I love the sweet simplicity of the lazy daisies in the vintage Workbasket Embroidery pattern that I’m sharing today.
As I was getting the pattern image ready to post, I was thinking how pretty the three motifs would look if you centered the heart over top of the curly q design with the small daisy motif centered underneath it.
It would be perfect to stitch on white satin to turn into the cover for a wedding photo album with the bride’s and groom’s initials centered, one in each of the curly qs.
Or for a less formal gift, it could be embroidered on the corners of a set of napkins with the month and day in one of the curly qs and the year in the other.
So many possibilities!
Vintage Workbasket Embroidery Pattern – Lazy Daisy Motifs downloadable PDF
WELCOME TO STITCHERY LINK PARTY #125
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial on How to Link Up to a Link Party. It provides step-by-step instructions for linking to this party (or any other link party you might like to participate in.)
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
- The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
- Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
- If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
- This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
- Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post.
- As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
- It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party.