Today is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. I would like to wish all my Canadian readers a very happy and safe celebration. We have so very much to be thankful for.
Today I’m sharing this beautiful vintage Workbasket pattern for a basket filled with daisies.
Many think of daisies as spring flowers but there are lovely varieties that bloom in fall as well. So whether you’re enjoying spring in the southern hemisphere or the middle of autumn here in the north, you can enjoy stitching this basket overflowing with pretty daisies.
Perhaps as you stitch each petal you can think of something you are thankful for. I’m sure that by the time you were finished stitching. your heart would also be overflowing with gratitude.
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial called How to Link Up to a Link Party to help you not only link up to this party but to any link party you might like to participate in.
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog. (Please note: For those of you who have already been kind enough to add the button, the coding has been updated and I would so appreciate it if you would grab the new code.)
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. I would, of course, love it if you decide to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party. (If you do decide to follow me, you can subscribe to e-mail updates in the box on the upper right hand side bar. You will then be sent an activation e-mail. Once you click on the link in that e-mail, you will begin receiving updates each time I post. Buttons to follow me on other social media are in the upper left hand side bar.)