It’s no secret to those who read my blog that I love ladybugs. I enjoy seeing them in my yard and gardens because I know these beneficial insects are hard at work eating aphids and other not so beneficial insects. In fact, I’ve declared it a sin to kill a ladybug! 😉
When Dave was tracing out this week’s pattern, he called it Ladybugs and Lavender because he liked the way it sounded.As we get further into spring here in southwestern Ontario, the lavender will start blooming. Unfortunately, while the flowers are such a lovely color, I’m allergic to the scent. So no lavender scented sachets for me.
This pattern is available to download as a pdf here.
For those joining us for the first time… Welcome! And for those who are returning for another week… Welcome Back!
The rules are simple:
1. The project can be anything you’ve made as long as it includes embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. I would, of course, love it if you decide to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party. (If you do decide to follow me, you can subscribe to e-mail updates in the box on the upper right hand side bar. Buttons to follow me on other social media are in the upper left hand side bar.)
Oh and don’t worry if you’ve never linked up to a link party before, I’ve written a quick tutorial called How to Link Up to a Link Party to help you not only link up to this party but to any link party you might like to participate in.
Mary AnneJune 4, 2015 5:01 pm
I have GOT to get my act together and join in on the party. Every week I start out with good intentions and then wake up near the end of the week realizing that I haven’t linked. Sigh. Obviously the thought doesn’t get the deed done, does it!!
Christine MMay 31, 2015 7:53 pm
The lavender design is just lovely.
Shami ImmanuelMay 29, 2015 10:22 am
The design is beautiful. After joining your link party I have got 3 more followers and am so happy. Thanks for the giveaway too.
CathieJMay 26, 2015 3:08 pm
I love the look of lavender, but like you I am allergic to the scent. Actually I am allergic to the scent of virtually all flowers. Thanks for the giveaway. I am enjoying joining your link party and seeing what everyone is crafting.
sherylMay 26, 2015 7:03 am
Lovely Ladybug and Lavender design, very useful as I love making lavender bags when I have time. Beautiful giveaway too.
Joanne PMay 26, 2015 3:42 am
I’ve linked up this week! Funny that you are showing ladybirds because that’s what Chiara and I have been discussing for our new challenge! I love the smell of lavender growing too.
Please don’t include me in the draw, it’s a lovely kit but not to my taste. I’m more of a spooky black cats kinda gal! I’d rather someone wins it who loves it.
SusanMay 25, 2015 7:53 pm
What fun that design is. I like Dave’s name for it. =)
Gone StitchinMay 25, 2015 5:53 pm
Thanks for the beautiful Lavender and lady beetle drawing. I LoVe Lavender so will use this one for sure! EnJoY your day… xox
Linda MincherMay 25, 2015 1:01 pm
Love the Ladybugs and Lavender. I also love the cute little kitty cross stitch giveaway! Hope you have a wonderful week!
MaryMay 25, 2015 9:06 am
I have always loved lavender, but those ladybugs are so cute too.
Comments are closed.