Over the weekend, I got the flying zebra baby quilt and one of the child-sized quilts hand basted.
Dave’s away on a contract for a few days, which means that it won’t matter if I have a larger quilt taking up residence on the dining room table for a day or two, so I decided to baste my scrappy nine patch.
Last night, with the help of our son who is home from college for the summer, I got the back and front rolled up neatly around the 1X4 basting boards and then got those rolled out a few inches and arranged on the table with the batting in between. (Forgot to take a picture of that, but will on the next quilt)
This morning, I started the hand basting.
By noon I had almost 1/3 of it basted.
At which time, I remembered that it was the 25th and I hadn’t posted the next post in my Christmas on a Budget Series. So if you’ve been following along with the series, be sure to check back later this evening.