I think I’ve got too many things on my list of things I want to get to this week! First up a new apron.
I had purchased the fabric in the spring of 2011 with the intention of making an apron with it but life happened and later that year everything went into storage for three years.
Usually when I make a new apron for myself or others, I’ve just made the pattern up as I went along. But Terry, my partner in the Santa Sack Swap 2014 included this pretty apron pattern along with all the other lovely gifts she sent so I’ve been wanting to try it out.
Before I could even start cutting the apron out, I had to clear off my cutting table.
1. One of the Workbasket pattern transfers included a pattern for a stuffed donkey. The instructions included were not as detailed as what is expected in patterns today, so I’m going to make the donkey in order to be able to write a complete set of step-by-step instructions to share with you all.
2. A t-shirt that I’m in the process of lengthening.
3. Fabric that needs the edges serged before I can pre-wash them. (Done!)
4. Another little sew-in purse frame that I’m hoping to turn into something cute.
5. I’ve been so inspired by the beautiful work that Renee from Living My Dream is doing on the blocks for her partners in the Under the Sea Round Robin that I decided I wanted to try my hand at crazy quilting. I didn’t have much in my fabric stash that were in the colors I wanted to use, so I had a rummage through the remnant bin at the fabric store on Sunday. I also found some buttons to make a couple of jelly fish just like the one she made (you’ll have to scroll down a ways to see that post on her blog.)
And then of course, I also need to make progress on quilting and binding my Sampler Table Runner as it is my ALYofF April goal. I’ve started the stitching in the ditch and once that’s done, I’ll be practicing free motion quilting some leaves in the white with gold stars areas.
It’s going to be a busy few days to get these checked off my list!
If you ever want to see what else I’m been up to on any particular day… visit me on Instagram @supermomnocape.
What are you working on today?