The binding is on the flying zebra baby quilt, but it didn’t get done last night. I have a tendency to underestimate how long it will take to do things or to take into account pesky little details like having to stop to eat, etc.
I had miscalculated how much time it would take to sew in all the quilting threads and remove any of the basting threads that weren’t removed during quilting. So I spent last evening doing that.
Putting the binding on took the better part of this afternoon, with a couple of breaks during which Dave and I made 20 breakfast burritos and two different kinds of English muffin breakfast sandwiches (6 bacon, egg and cheese and 6 sausage, egg and cheese.) Those are now in the freezer; ready for breakfasts and lunches over the next couple of weeks.
Now I just need to hand sew the binding to the back. Aren’t those just the prettiest little binder clips. I picked them up at Staples a couple of months ago when I was putting the binding on the Green Teddy Baby Quilt.
Once the binding is finished, I just need to add a label to call this quilt done.
The lady at Bama Bound Quilts has requested that all quilts be sent in a co-ordinating tote bag with at least one pocket and a stuffed toy. So that’s next on the list, though I’m not sure if I’m going to make the toy or buy one.