Hello and Welcome! I’m so glad you dropped by.
My goal in everything I post is to help you create a home by hand. And that includes helping you have the handmade, homemade Christmas you’ve always dreamed of.
In fact, just this past August, we launched a brand new membership called Handmade Homemade Holidays: Your Guide to a Debt Free, Stress Free Christmas.
Upon signing up members are provided with a digital Christmas Planner to create a savings and spending plan. One to two new worksheets are added each month so members can budget for and plan ahead with the goal of achieving a holiday season that is debt free and as stress free as possible.
I firmly believe that getting back to the basics of a handmade, homemade Christmas is the key to reducing the stress of over consumption that can be so tempting at this time of year. So in addition to the planner worksheets, I also provide exclusive embroidery, sewing and crafts patterns and activities to help to recapture the joy of an old fashioned Christmas.
The membership is closed to new members at the moment but I’m thinking of holding a 48 hour flash sale soon for those who are on the waitlist. If this is something you’re at all interested in head on over to Handmade Homemade Holidays, scroll down and get yourself on that list!
In the meantime, a group of 50+ bloggers, myself included, have teamed up to kick start your holiday making with lots of ideas for How to DIY Your Christmas this year.
It’s the fifth year of the Holiday Ideas Blog Hop! If you aren’t familiar with this annual blog hop, it’s a 4 week event where 50+ bloggers share Christmas ideas 3x a week. Scroll down to meet this year’s Holiday Ideas Team and grab the free printable event calendars! The official Holiday Ideas Blog Hop starts Monday, November 11, with all sorts of Gift Guides! In the mean time, enjoy this round-up of the Best DIY Holiday Ideas from this year’s hosts and get started on your DIY holiday projects!
Holiday Ideas Blog Hop Hosts
Intelligent Domestications ~ My Pinterventures ~ Chicken Scratch
An Alli Event ~ Domestically Creative ~ Rosewood and Grace ~ SmartyPantsKitchen
From House To Home ~ Happily Ever After, Etc ~ Across the Blvd ~ Farm Girl Reformed
Creative Cynchronicity ~ Country Hill Cottage ~ My Humble Home and Garden
PolkaDot Poplars ~ Family Around the Table ~ Domestic Deadline
Purple Hues and Me ~ Glitter On A Dime ~ Sparkle Living ~ Crafting Is My Therapy
As For Me and My Homestead ~ Cookies, Coffee and Crafts ~ The Aspiring Home
Practically Homemade ~ The Fresh Cooky ~ Simply Inspired Meals
Love My Little Cottage ~ Mom Home Guide ~ Blogghetti
The Stress-Free Christmas ~ Nourish and Nestle ~ My Family Thyme ~ Simple Nature Decor
Interior Frugalista ~ Elle Marie Home ~ DIY Adulation ~ Through My Front Porch
Weekend Craft ~ Our Crafty Mom ~ For the Love of Food ~ Tikkido
Home on the Corner ~ Adventures of a DIY Mom ~ My Hubbard Home ~ Hello Central Avenue
Harbour Breeze Home ~ This Autoimmune Life ~ Creative Ramblings
Radiant Pearl Living ~ Super Mom – No Cape ~ Little Vintage Cottage ~ Christmas Tree Lane
Get the FREE November and December Holiday Ideas Blog Hop Calendar at the end of the post.
And don’t forget to scroll down to enter your name for the giveway!
50+ Best DIY Holiday Ideas
Holiday Decor Projects
- How To Make Rustic Wood Christmas Signs via Interior Frugalista
- Christmas Wreath Sign via Creative Ramblings
- How to Make a Christmas Tree Farm Sign via Faeries and Fauna
- Rustic Wood Burned Christmas Decor via As For Me and My Homestead
- DIY Painted Window: Santa’s Sweet Shoppe Bakery via Nourish and Nestle
- DIY Buffalo Plaid Cozy Little Cottage Sign via Love My Little Cottage
Misc. Holiday Decor
- How To Make A Christmas Garland For Your Mantel via From House to Home
- Gold Leaf Tabletop Christmas Trees via Sparkle Living
- Painted Dollar Store Nutcracker Decorations via Hello Central Avenue
- O Christmas Tree You are Made of Clothespins via The Aspiring Home
- Simple But Effective Christmas Decor via Christmas Tree Lane
- How to Create a Hot Chocolate Bar via My Family Thyme
- DIY Horse Head Christmas Wreath via Across the Boulevard
- DIY Christmas Buffalo Check Hoop Wreath via Domestically Creative
- 3 DIY Pine Cone Wreath Ideas via Country Hill Cottage
- Holiday Bleached Pinecone Wreath via Simple Nature Decor
- DIY Mini Wreath for Kitchen Cabinets via Intelligent Domestication
- How to Make a Candy Cane Christmas Wreath via Farm Girl Reforme
- Tips and How To Create A Magical Snowman Wreath via My Humble Home and Garden
- How to Turn a Cheap Wreath into a DIY Flocked Wreath via Happily Ever After
- DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes via Creative Cynchronicity
- DIY Christmas Display Box via Mom Home Guide
- Mason Jar Christmas Centerpiece via Our Crafty Mom
- DIY Wood Slice Christmas Tree Sign via Harbour Breeze Home
- Rustic Luminaries via My Hubbard Home
- Wooden Christmas Tree Shadowbox via Adventures of a DIY Mom
Ornaments & Tree
- Prairie Point Star Ornament Tutorial via Super Mom – No Cape
- Prairie Point Christmas Ornaments via Chicken Scratch NY
- Dollar Store Ornament Transformation via Purple Hues and Me
- DIY Mini Pallet Ornament via Domestic Deadline
- Snowman Wood Slice Ornament via My Pinterventures
- DIY “Glass” Dome Christmas Ornament via Rosewood and Grace
- Dollar Tree Rustic Mickey Ears Ornament via Elle Marie Home
- Reindeer Ornament Kids Craft via That Fit Fam
- Scandinavian Buffalo Check Christmas Ornaments via Crafting Is My Therapy
- Vintage Ornament Box Dioramas via Little Vintage Cottage
- Flocked Buffalo Check Christmas Tree via Weekend Craft
- Free Printable Christmas Scattergories Game via DIY Adulation
- Gift Passing Game via Polkadot Poplars
- Best Christmas Games For Large Groups via An Alli Event
- Christmas Cookie Mason Jar Candles via Glitter on a Dime
- Last Minute Gift-Orange, Cinnamon and Clove Simmer Pot via Home on the Corner
- Shadow Box Ideas-Rolled Flowers Decor DIY Personalized Gift via Radiant Pearl Living
- Merry Crafters Christmas Gift in a Jar via Cookies Coffee and Crafts
- Homemade Chai Tea Mix with Printable Gift Tags via Blogghetti
- Cranberry Bliss Mimosa’s via Practically Homemade
- Gingerbread Hot Cocoa Mix via This Autoimmune Life
- Christmas Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies via Stress-Free Christmas
- Gingerbread Cookies – Our Family Tradition! via Simply Inspired Meals
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprints via Family Around the Table
- Christmas Cookie Pecan Sandies Recipe via Through My Front Porch
- Eggnog Scones with Browned Butter White Chocolate Glaze via The Fresh Cooky
- The BEST Gingerbread House Recipe and Free Gingerbread House Templates via Tikkido
Hope you enjoyed these holiday ideas. Remember to check back on November 11 for Gift Guides!
Printable Holiday Ideas Blog Hop Events Calendar
Print these Holiday Ideas Blog Hop Calendars and stick them on your fridge! It’s a great way to have all the holiday topics and post dates!
Just click on the image to view and print out the November and December Holiday Ideas Blog Hop Event Calendars.
We have a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year!
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.