When I discovered the vintage Workbasket patterns for the Cornucopia (page 65) and the veggies having a party (page 2-949), I knew that I wanted to embroider them all to make a fun Thanksgiving apron.
And what would be more appropriate than this vintage pattern that I found under the seat of the sewing stool that came with the Art Deco Sewing Cabinet that Dave refinished for me.
Can you believe the price of that pattern? 40 cents! They sure don’t cost that anymore.
To add to the vintage look, I purchased 3 yards of green with white polka fabric for the main fabric to make Apron #2 in the photo above.
I also used 3 fat quarters of this fabric to make yards and yards of bias binding.
It’s called Vegetable Names Words from the 2012 Farmers Market Collection from RJR. The names sort of got lost once the fabric was cut into strips and folded but it’s still a cute addition to the apron.
Monday morning middle daughter and I had some fun getting photos of it for you.
This definitely wasn’t a quick project. The apron itself took several afternoons to sew with the bias binding taking its fair share of time to make.
But all the work was worth it as I know it will be used and bring smiles for many Thanksgivings to come.
Please note: To see close-ups and access the free patterns for the embroidered Cornucopia and each of the adorable veggies click on the links below: