I’ve been on a bit of a roll lately finishing projects that have been in various stages of completion.
After I made the quilt for our middle daughter, it felt so good to have finished it that I set a goal for myself to finish all my UFOs from 2012 before the end of March. The day before Easter, I started on the last one and finished late on Sunday (just in time to meet my goal) and with this latest completion, I can now officially say that I have no unfinished sewing projects from 2012.
I had originally intended to turn the completed panels into a tote bag but a comment by a reader on this post saying they would also look good framed or mounted got me thinking in a different direction.
I eventually decided not to frame them in the traditional sense because then they’d have to be packed away and put in storage until we’re able to get settled somewhere permanently again.
But they could be “framed” by turning them into journal/scrapbook covers. In order not to have to cut the panels down and take the chance of damaging the embellishing I had done, I purchased the largest size of art journals (11X14.)
A couple of close-ups:
I used these pretty fabrics for the back and inside of the journal covers.
Now I can take them with me and use the journals to write poetry in, paste pictures from our travels, all sorts of things. And they will be a pretty piece of artwork to set out to bring a personal touch to any temporary housing we may be living in.
Hopefully in the next year, our life circumstances will allow us to find a long term home again and then I’ll be able to work on finishing the UFOs that are safely packed away in storage. But until then, I’m going to try to finish one project before beginning another and keep the flow of energy from stalling in an accumulation of uncompleted projects.