Before we get to today’s vintage Workbasket embroidery pattern, make sure to scroll down to find out how to enter the giveaway I’m hosting to celebrate reaching the 100th Stitchery Link Party last week. The giveaway runs until April 3rd, so you’ll have lots of chances to enter.
Last week, I shared with you a pretty vintage tea set for you to embroider because we all bring out the good dishes when we’re celebrating. This week, we’re continuing our celebrations by decorating with this beautiful Double Rose Banner!
This is a 2 page pattern as the original vintage Workbasket pattern was too large to fit on a single 8.5″X11″ sheet of paper. When tracing the pattern, match up the marks where indicated.
Vintage Workbasket Embroidery Pattern – Double Rose Banner downloadable PDF.
STITCHERY LINK PARTY GIVEAWAY
As mentioned above we’re celebrating the Stitchery Link Party with a giveaway!
Up for grabs is this pretty handmade zippered pouch with matching pincushion and needlebook as well as 3 coordinating fat quarters from that line of fabrics, embroidery scissors, 5 skeins of DMC #5 embroidery floss, a tin of pins and a handy magnifier.
Close up of the pouch, pincushion and needlebook:
Here’s a recap of the rules from last week:
- Link up to one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties up to and including April 3rd.
Leave a comment on one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties (one comment per post, please.)
But not just any comment will do… to make it more fun, visit one or more of the links and then come back and tell me something interesting you learned either about embroidery or about the link you visited.
Your name will be entered into the drawing for each time you link up and/or comment.
2. The giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere.
3. The giveaway runs from March 6th to Apr 3rd at midnight EST.
WELCOME TO STITCHERY LINK PARTY
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial on How to Link Up to a Link Party. It provides step-by-step instructions for linking to this party (or any other link party you might like to participate in.)
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party.