Happy First Day of Spring! (if you’re in the Northern Hemispere)
Happy First Day of Fall! (if you’re in the Southern Hemispere)
I do love the changing of the seasons. For me especially this year, spring is bringing with it a new sense of hope as the drabness of winter changes with the greening of trees and the soon to be blossoming of flowers.
We’re still in celebration mode with the giveaway for taking part in the Stitchery Link Party (scroll down for the details on how to enter.)
The first Monday of March, we brought out the good dishes and then last week we decorated with a double rose banner and this week, we’re adding a pretty basket of wild roses to the center of the table.
Vintage Workbasket Embroidery Pattern – Basket of Roses downloadable PDF.
STITCHERY LINK PARTY GIVEAWAY
As mentioned above we’re celebrating the Stitchery Link Party with a giveaway!
Up for grabs is this pretty handmade zippered pouch with matching pincushion and needlebook as well as 3 coordinating fat quarters from that line of fabrics, embroidery scissors, 5 skeins of DMC #5 embroidery floss, a tin of pins and a handy magnifier.
Here’s a recap of the rules:
- Link up to one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties up to and including April 3rd.
Leave a comment on one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties starting with Stitchery Link Party 100 on March 6th (one comment per post, please.)
But not just any comment will do… to make it more fun, visit one or more of the links and then come back and tell me something interesting you learned either about embroidery or about the link you visited.
Your name will be entered into the drawing for each time you link up and/or comment.
2. The giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere.
3. The giveaway runs from March 6th to Apr 3rd at midnight EST.
WELCOME TO STITCHERY LINK PARTY
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial on How to Link Up to a Link Party. It provides step-by-step instructions for linking to this party (or any other link party you might like to participate in.)
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party.