Happy Monday and welcome to another Vintage Embroidery Monday and Stitchery Link Party!
I want to start off today by sending out a big thank you to all those you left comments to enter my 9th Anniversary Giveaway. I have loved reading each and every one of them. I have been so touched!
If you don’t know what I’m talking about or haven’t had a chance to enter, the anniversary giveaway is open until midnight EDT March 31st.
So many people commented that one of the things they are celebrating is the arrival of spring. One of my favorite spring activities is planting flowers in the many planters and pots that I’ve collected over the years.
This year, I’m also going to be working on clearing out and adding flowers and herbs to the small gardens in the yard at our rental. Last spring when we moved in, I was too busy unpacking and getting organized to pay them much attention.
So for today’s free vintage Workbasket embroidery pattern, we have a bunch of small flower motifs to stitch while we’re waiting for the ground to warm up and dry out enough to plant.
Also included is what is either a planter overflowing with flowers and leaves or it could also be a fruit stand with grapes and grape leaves. If you want it to be a planter, stitch the little dots in various colors to represent flowers. If you want it to be grapes, stitch them in purple.
Vintage Workbasket Embroidery Pattern – Flowers and Plants downloadable PDF
Don’t forget, the Stitchery Link Party Giveaway is still going on as well. One lucky winner, will be drawn to receive the prize pictured below:
Here’s a recap of the rules:
- Link up to one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties up to and including April 3rd.
Leave a comment on one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties starting with Stitchery Link Party 100 on March 6th (one comment per post, please.)
But not just any comment will do… to make it more fun, visit one or more of the links and then come back and tell me something interesting you learned either about embroidery or about the link you visited.
Your name will be entered into the drawing for each time you link up and/or comment.
2. The giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere.
3. The giveaway runs from March 6th to Apr 3rd at midnight EST.
WELCOME TO STITCHERY LINK PARTY
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial on How to Link Up to a Link Party. It provides step-by-step instructions for linking to this party (or any other link party you might like to participate in.)
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party.