Happy Monday! And welcome to the 1st Vintage Embroidery Monday of April!
Spring has definitely arrived in this little pocket that Dave and I call home. The temperatures have gotten milder and we’ve had a mix of sunny days and spring rains.
Earlier last week, I saw the first robin, followed a few days later by the return of the goldfinches. It won’t be long before they’ll be building nests and hatching babies.
Which brings us to today’s free vintage Workbasket pattern. Dave went through all the patterns in our collection and traced out some spring babies for you to stitch.
Aren’t they cute!
Vintage Workbasket Embroidery Pattern – Spring Babies – Ducks, Lambs, Bunnies and Kitten downloadable PDF
For the entire month of March we celebrated the Stitchery Link Party #100 with a giveaway and now here we are at Party #104. Two years of link parties add up to a lot of embroidery posts that bloggers around the world shared by linking up.
It never ceases to amaze me the talent and creativity of the stitchers who share their projects each week!
Today is your last chance to take part in celebrating that talent and creativity by either linking up a hand embroidery project or by comment on any of the Stitchery Link Party posts starting with #100 up to an including today, #104.
From all the entries, one lucky person will be drawn to win the prize pictured below:
Here’s a recap of the rules:
- Link up to one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties up to and including April 3rd.
Leave a comment on one or all of the Stitchery Link Parties starting with Stitchery Link Party 100 on March 6th (one comment per post, please.)
But not just any comment will do… to make it more fun, visit one or more of the links and then come back and tell me something interesting you learned either about embroidery or about the link you visited.
Your name will be entered into the drawing for each time you link up and/or comment.
2. The giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere.
3. The giveaway runs from March 6th to Apr 3rd at midnight EST.
WELCOME TO STITCHERY LINK PARTY
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial on How to Link Up to a Link Party. It provides step-by-step instructions for linking to this party (or any other link party you might like to participate in.)
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party.