Last week for Vintage Embroidery Monday, I shared the “Be My Valentine” pattern that according to the Workbasket pattern page was intended to be used to make the front of a small pillow but it could just as easily be stitched and turned into a journal cover, the center panel for a gift bag or even printed off to color with pencils or markers and made into a card for that someone special in your life.
This week’s pattern is the reverse of that pattern with the addition of some sweet little hearts instead of the “Be My Valentine” motif. Use this for the back of the Valentine pillow or separately with a personalized message embroidered in the center.
Thinking beyond Valentine’s Day, it would look especially elegant stitched with white floss on white satin for a ring bearer pillow.
Be My Valentine – Pillow Back embroidery pdf.
Welcome to Stitchery Link Party #42
For those who are newly subscribed or are visiting for the first time, every Monday I host a link party in which I invite others to share their hand embroidery projects.
If you’ve never linked up to a link party before and would like to join in, I’ve written a quick tutorial called How to Link Up to a Link Party to help you not only link up to this party but to any link party you might like to participate in.
The rules for the Stitchery Link Party are simple:
1. The project can be anything as long as it includes hand embroidery stitches in some form. Such projects might be but are not limited to redwork, blackwork, goldwork, bluework, (etc), counted cross-stitch, crazy quilting, crewel, silk ribbon, pulled thread, hardanger and sashiko.
These projects do not have to be vintage or vintage inspired. All styles are welcome as long as it’s hand embroidered.
2. Link directly to your blog post, not to your blog home page.
3. If you happen to sell your embroidery or embroidery patterns, feel free to link up to a blog post you’ve written about a project you’re selling, but No direct links to shops or websites selling things.
4. This will be a curated link party. In other words, if a link does not conform to the three simple rules above, it will be removed.
The next three are more requests than rules. They are by no means a requirement to take part in the party:
5. Please link back to the Stitchery Link Party with a text link somewhere in your post. Or if you’d prefer you can use the cool button that our son designed for me.
Simply copy and paste the code you’ll find under the button in my left side bar. You can add it to your post or to the sidebar of your blog.
6. As well, please share the love and visit one or two (or more) of the other links and take time to leave a comment.
7. It would be wonderful if you decided to follow me but it’s not necessary in order to take part in the link party.
MAFebruary 1, 2016 7:18 pm
This pattern would be perfect on a crazy quilt too – thank you!
naehmeiseJanuary 26, 2016 10:19 pm
Thank you for this new embroidery pattern, Susan !!!
Whising you a lucky week . Carmen
SusanJanuary 25, 2016 3:28 pm
How fun to have a back to stitch, too. Thanks for this two-part valentine!
LinJanuary 25, 2016 2:49 pm
Thank you for this – looking forward to now visiting the other linkers! xx
ReneeJanuary 25, 2016 2:45 pm
Thank you for another gorgeous pattern and great link party! Wishing you a fantastic week. 🙂
MaryJanuary 25, 2016 10:33 am
I would love to see that stitched up as a ring bearer pillow – names and dates included.
Christine B.January 25, 2016 8:58 am
Thank you for another lovely link up party Susan and another lovely embroidery pattern! Have a great week! Christine x
Comments are closed.