Last night during the FNSI, I didn’t get as far along with the Disappearing Nine Patch quilt blocks as I had hoped. Things came up during the week and I didn’t get all the blocks sewn together until late Friday afternoon.
Most of Friday evening was then spent pressing and cutting apart the nine patch blocks. Here is what the new blocks look like now that they’ve been cut apart:
Next came the fun task of playing with those blocks to decide how I wanted to put them back together. After rearranging them in various configurations, I settled on this layout:
I still wasn’t completely sure if that’s how I wanted the final blocks to look, so I decided to call it a night and look at it with fresh eyes in the morning. Then first thing this morning, I sewed one of the blocks together…
I decided that yes, this is the one. Now I just need to sew the other 23 blocks together.